Pintrest

Monday, January 21, 2013

First OP Test!!!

Once the roof raising was complete, I could get back focused on the lower level track install.  I needed to add feeder wires for under the upper deck and marked the spots in an easy to reach place for my first "live" solder work.  I've gotten a little better but no were near the level I'd like to be.  It's sort of like when we did USN aircraft repair.  We may need a BFH & it might not be Blue Angel pretty, but they would fly.  Same goes for my first feeder work.  At least all of my initial learning is under the upper deck and a great practice spot.  I dove in and added the four needed feeders.  As I said, not the prettiest, but - they get the job done:

So looking at the picture, I can really only see the bottom two wires.  The top two were much cleaner.  Maybe it's easier to "pull" the solder towards the rail than "push" it against the rail.  In any case, no one connection required more than about 15 seconds with a file to be sure all was smooth running.  Then hooked the wires to the DCC controller and:


OK, not very sexy but I was damn glad to see it move!!!!!  Onward!

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME! Finally got my roadbed down with advice from you; next is the big TEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I could help! Good luck with your OP Test.

    ReplyDelete